Winter Camp Packing List
Winter Camp at Camp Tuckahoe is done in cabins. It is chilly when scouts arrive, but warms up nicely after the first evening.
Pack 285 usually meets at the church around 6pm on Friday night. This is subject to change, and you should check with your scoutmaster for your particular event.
Scouts camp Friday night, stay all day Saturday, overnight Saturday, and cleanup and leave Sunday morning.
If there is snow, bring your sledding gear.
If there is no snow, we hike if weather permits.
Bring your favorite board game. Playing indoor games with your friends is a highlight of winter camp.
The pack provides the following food
Saturday Morning: Pancakes
Saturday Lunch: Hot Dogs or PB&J
Saturday Dinner: Spaghetti and Meatballs
Sunday Morning: Cereal
Suggested Packing List
- Sleeping bag
- Water bottle/thermos
- Indoor Shoes
- Warm coat, warm hat, warm gloves (several pairs because they get wet)
- Snow boots or warm outdoor shoes/boots – waterproof is good
- Several pairs of socks (Consider at least one pair of wool socks especially for outdoor activities). Wool warms when wet, cotton does not
- Several changes of clothing – to include warm stuff for outside and shorts and t-shirt for when it gets too warm in the cabin
- Undergarments – bring enough
- Toiletries and Medications
- Disposable hand-warmers and foot-warmers (each usually lasts 8-10 hours)
- Snow suit and/or snow pants
- Night clothes (warm)
- A rain poncho in case of rain instead of snow